ECR is a site that is constantly updated and edited. Below are some answers to our most frequently asked questions. If you require further assistance, contact us here.
How do I use the Status function?
These are defined as follows:
- Clean Title, a modern car with no accident or salvage history
- Unknown, a car that has disappeared off the radar or is believed missing
- Damaged, a car that has been damaged and not yet repaired
- Totaled, a car that was destroyed
- Salvaged, a car that was heavily damaged but rebuilt
- Repaired, a previously damaged car that has been repaired
- Stolen, a car that was stolen and is not yet recovered
- Museum Piece, a car on static display within a public museum
- Race Car, a car that is active in racing (including historic racing but not including display events)
- Prototype, a car that is a development or testing prototype for the factory
- Pre-Production, a car that is production-spec but produced prior to the full production run
- Unrestored, a classic car that hasn’t been subject to a full restoration
- Restored, a car that has been subject to a full restoration
- Road Converted, a race or track-only car that has been converted for road use
- Recreation, a car rebuilt with largely non-original parts, or a car that has been rebodied
- Post Production, a car that is production-spec but produced after the full production run ended
Why was my edit declined?
This can be for a multitude of reasons but will be explained in the comments on your My Account page.
How can I add that a car is for sale?
Use the Sale Link edit function to paste in a URL of the car for sale on a dealer’s website. Do not use third party sites for this. Subsequently, create a new Current Location for the car, adding the dealer’s name, the indicated odometer reading and the asking price.
What information do I need to upload a car?
At least the chassis or specific plaque number (only when displayed on a plaque inside the car). Chassis numbers are usually the last six digits of the VIN, which can be found on the bottom right side of the windshield. If you have images and information about a car but are not sure how to upload it, contact us here for assistance.
Why wasn’t my upload approved?
This can be for multiple reasons but the admin that declined it will have left a note describing the problem. Commonly, this is due to a lack of chassis or plaque number, or the car already being uploaded.
What makes a good upload?
A range of clear, high-res images and accurate, up-to-date information. Uploads copied verbatim from other websites will not be accepted.
Why was my upload deleted?
This is usually due to another user submitting a Note stating that the car is already uploaded. With Membership, you can take part in these discussions regarding edits.
What’s the correct way to upload images?
The Thumbnail doesn’t automatically get uploaded into the Gallery, so ensure to upload it there as well. The Angles gallery should be reserved for single-source photoshoots of cars (i.e. an auction photoshoot). Make sure to credit the photographer with both their Instagram handle and their real name (if known).
I can’t find the right colour for a car I want to upload.
Correct procedure is to upload with a generic colour (Black, Red, Yellow, etc.) and write the correct colour in the Information section. One of the admins or users will then add the colour via our Request Colour feature.
How do I use the Seen function?
If you’ve seen a car in person, click the Seen button to add it to your list. All users will be able to see that you’ve marked it as seen and may contact you regarding information about it. It’s always great to add a Previous Location edit about where you saw the car as well!
How do I change my username?
Contact us here with the new username and the reasoning and we will do our best to help.
What information do I need to include on my profile?
This is completely optional. Some users wish to include their location and links to social media, which can assist other members with contacting them.
What are the rules for the Bio and Profile Picture sections?
Please do not include anything sexual, offensive or graphic in nature. Anything deemed poor taste by the ECR team will be removed and can result in an account ban.
What are the benefits to purchasing membership?
The full list of features is here.
I checked my account and I’m no longer a member.
This is due to your membership expiring. Click here to renew your membership.
How do I become a Gold Member?
This is available to Silver Members who have reached 1000 reputation points, and only kept if they maintain at least 300 reputation points over a twelve-month period.